Keyword factors for consideration
Whether its Google, Yahoo, MSN, or others, Each search engine has a different keyword calculation formula. Google is stricter than most in that they lower allowable density levels whereas the others may allow heavier keyword numbers per page. You will see the different affects of the keyword density on each search engine. There are certain modifications that must be given consideration. These include but are not limited to:
– Bolding, Italic, actual keyword type size used for Page Title, and the topics inside the article
– Consideration should definitely be given to the incoming link anchor text to a web page. Remember, any linked off page content is part of the receiving page’s total content.
if executed properly, implementing a system that ensures that both the placement and density of a webpage’s keywords are among its top priorities, will give a website high search result success. -The goal of using keywords is to boost your websites rankings. If these factors are not used with your keywords, then you are wasting time and money. Even though a magic formula does not exist, there are still a few basic ideas that should not be overlooked.
What keywords to choose
When choosing A keyword there are different levels of competition for the words. You must take in consideration the following factors while choosing:
– Choose one, two at the most, keywords to focus your energy on. When it comes to a highly competitive keyword situation, focus on one keyword for the topic of any page.
– Long term ranking is the goal to keep in mind. It is imperative to have a concentrated effort on a particular keyword of keyword phrase
– The website’s home page and internal pages should have a different focus, but the overall goal should still be kept in mind when modifying these pages. You can add power to your keywords by having a series of pages that support each other by keeping to the same theme.
– With lower competitive search terms, time and effort should not be wasted on just a single keyword. It is best, in these situations, to target two or three low competition keywords on each page.
– The largest category, perhaps, of keywords that are dealt with are the moderately competitive keywords. A key strategy in the case of these medium level difficulty keywords is to place them all on the home page.
– For the highly competitive keywords, a much more strategic and concentrated effort must be used for these sought after search terms. A heavy competition will call for you to target only one keyword. You will lose the focus of the page’s keyword if you use any more than that. The effort must be put on the one search term that has been deemed important.
– There must also be a significant amount of focused pages created to support the highly competitive keyword. In most cases even having some pages starting on the path to an authority site is necessary.
No matter the level of competition, it is always good to become dominant in as many search terms related to the site’s topic as possible. Once you reach a ranking that you deem successful then focus on the next term. Visitor traffic will increase the more keywords are controlled. Controlling them will open more paths to enter the website.